if you haven’t been following the simple shui tips + news flashes over on Alexa + Amazon, i would definitely put that on my New Year resolution list because the getting is good and getting even better! this week, i shared a process to de-clutter the living room relatively quickly. in the season of high-spirited celebrations + merrymaking, this simple pre-party shui sweep leaves you plenty of time to put on that sparkly dress! so, you ready, party people?
- divide your living space into 4 quadrants. does one look more cluttered or out of balance than the others? if so, begin there.
- grab a box, and remove every other thing (not holiday related, if the house is festively dressed) from the shelves and tables. side note: if you’re struggling with fatigue and overwhelm on the daily, keep that little box of goods tucked away for a week. too much stuff in a room can be a slow but steady juice drain. after one week’s reprieve, only return what you would buy again.
- sift through those piles of books + magazines. if it unleashes high octane happiness, keep it. but if it barely registers a pulse, get rid of it. when we hoard other people’s thoughts and ideas, we have a murky time discerning our own inner wisdom. so, let it go and your voice will flow!
- finally, quickly dust the area.
- go back to step 1, and repeat through the remaining 3 quadrants.
- BONUS TIP: simmer some orange rinds + cloves + cinnamon while you shimmy around — it’s the motivation brew that keeps our energy percolating!