if your office lacks windows, here are a few ways to remedy the natural light deficit:
- use vibrant colors in the décor. paint the room a light color, go for bright artwork, or hang a vibrant tapestry on the wall.
- introduce the element Metal in the space. add pops of white, bring in metallic accents (to reflect the light available), or keep a few crystals on your desk.
- spice the space with invigorating scents, like eucalyptus, peppermint, lemon, or orange essential oils.
- supplement the room with artificial light. lamps or imagery of the sun will perk your office up, too!
- play with incandescent bulbs when the room needs warming up. these radiate a soft orange glow. and when self-motivation is weak, halogen bulbs give out yang energy – an excellent pick-me-up!
there are 364 more tips, like this one, in my book Simple Shui for Every Day — and the tips are good year-round on any given day! so, how about you scoop your copy today? xo